Button's Creations

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Teacher Present

So I finally figured out what I was going to make for my Daughter's teacher this year. I made a box containing little note cards with her initial on them. It really did take me all day because I got the colors together and then didn't really know what exactly I was going to do with them. I had a general idea of what I wanted but didn't know how to execute! But here is the finished project and I am sooo very pleased with it. Of course I did forget to take a picture of the note cards prior to packaging them all up!!! Silly me!!!!!

So here is the finished product!!

I put the box of note cards in a cello bag and then topped it off with a 4 inch piece of coordinating paper folded in half. I covered the staples with a 1.25 inch piece of coordinating paper an the scallop circle is from Accent Essentials cut at 3 inches. Most of the paper was from Stampin Up (Can I just say I love their paper!!) and the "B" was cut at 2.75 inches from Plantin Schoolbook then I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to give some texture. I really did love this finished project and wish I would have taken a picture of the note cards. Not too bad for a Sunday project!!

20 Noted Cards @ 3.75 inches x 4 1/8 inches
- Boarder strip 1.75 inches x 3.75 inches (wrapped with ribbon)
- Scallop circle (Accent Essentials) 3 inches
- Letter (Plantin Schoolbook) 2.75 inches (embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots)

Homemade box
- Top 6 inches wide x 6.5 inches high (scored at 1 inch all the way around)
- Bottom 7 3/8 inches wide x 7 7/8 inches high (scored at 1.75 inches all the way around)

No comments:

Post a Comment